Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Cross



Cross is an important thing in many persons life!

The Christians worship the Cross!


Everyone passes across a cross road almost everyday!


There is a Red Cross, taking care of people in need; there is blue cross to take care of animals.


I had a grace for a Cross! Yes it was for a Cross pen!


The elegant pen !


Many an occasion while passing through the pen shop I used to have an urge to buy a Cross pen. But somehow or I could not.


Recently paid a visit to my son Arun in Coventry, UK.


With him I visited many places. In Coventry itself I saw a beautiful cross pen. The price was some 25 pound . But I hesitated to buy.


We went to visit Cambridge. There was a dedicated pen shop. We were looking inside the shop. Parker, Mont Blonc, Sheaffer, cross many types of pens were there.


As usual I only saw and did not buy. 5 rupees pen and 5000 rupees do the same work! This was my logic.


While visiting the Birmingham city, I checked the internet and visited the pen museum situated there !


I had a plenty of affection to the pen! During my college days I created a pen with different spares. Different tank, different cap, different nip; like that. I wrote all the examinations with that pen only. During our farewell from the college I gifted that precious pen to my best friend Dharmalingam.


I used to gift pens to many people and children.


In fact gifting a pen is used to be the highest honor among scholars.


Well the next day I have to start to Kazakhstan. We were packing the things.


Arun gave me a box. I asked what was that. " Appa open afterwards" he requested. But I opened immediately and found inside this CROSS pen!!!


He arranged with his friend Chaithanya to procure a pen through Amazon.


It was a pleasant surprise!! He added," Appa I bought through my earning by part time work"


I cannot express the happiness I felt that day!I am proud of my dear son Arun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment